Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Clarity- A good thing?


This was a post I was working on before coming to PNG, and wanted to post it now, even though I am already in PNG!! 
 2012 was an interesting journey for me, and I’m sure thisnext year will be even more so!  I’vebeen following Jesus each step of the way. From when He saved me at 5, to when he called me to missions in HighSchool, to when He told me in April 2012 to go to PNG.  He hadn’t made all the steps extremely clear,and I really didn’t know exactly what I’ll be doing other than tutoring in thenursing school.   But God does know exactly how much of thepicture I can handle, and I’m leaving that in His hands. 

The verses God has been using in my life in 2012:

 Habakkuk 1:5 –Look atthe Nations, look and be amazed, For I am doing something in your days,something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it.

And then Psalm 32:8- The Lord says I will guide you alongthe best pathway for your life, I will advise you and watch over you. 

I’ve learned a lot of lessons in 2012 year about seeingclearly. 

I have had glasses since 2nd grade, and wouldwear them on and off, because my eye sight is not horrible, but it’s not 20/20either.   The last pair of glasses I hadprior to this year were prescribed while I was in the Army, and theprescription was very sharp, very clear, the one necessary to see best while shootinga weapon!  Not something I plan to doevery day, or any day for that matter. Wearing these glasses made me see so well it was like I could seepeoples pores, see so clear it would give me a headache pretty quickly. 

So, I really didn’t wear them, but there were times I neededsomething.  My vision would be blurrylooking far away, like when I was doing projection for church.  (a time you really want to see well to avoidmaking mistakes J

So, I finally went to the Eye doctor in October.  When I was talking to the eye doctor about myold glasses, he understood the problem and recommended decreasing myprescription.  So, I can see thingsclearly, but I’m not overwhelmed by them! 

God has been just  like that! He knows what we can handle, what we can’t, what we need to see now, andwhat can wait. 

As Proverbs 5:21 says, “For the Lord sees clearly what a mandoes, examining every path he takes.”

So, we don’t have to see the whole plan, we just have totrust Our God.

In the ESV Psalm 32:8 is stated “I will instruct you andteach you in the way you should go.  Iwill counsel you with my eye upon you.” 

So, the part of the journey that I can see now is to go toPNG, to love his people there, to help in any way I can. 

And this is not any different from what he tells us all todo. 

Like Matthew 28:19 says “therefore go and make disciples, ofall nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the son and the HolySpirit.  Teach these new disciples toobey all the commands I have given you and be sure of this.  I am with you always.” 

And what are the commands he has given us?  Matthew 22:37-39 sums those up!  - to love the Lord your God with all yourheart, all your soul, and all your mind. And the second is equally important, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

So, the main thing that is clear to me is to LOVE. 

And by the way, I am wearing my glasses a little more thesedays!  (But I have to be extra carefulwith them in PNG!) 

                                                                               

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment